At ORDA, we value your support and trust. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Our site is a safe environment for anyone who visits or makes a donation. The purpose of this statement is to share with you our policy concerning your privacy.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to make your experience on our website as smooth as possible.
- Donations made on-line to us are secure. When you make a donation on-line, we ask for your name, address, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about what we are doing in Ethiopia through our publications.
- If you honor someone with a gift in their name, we will use the honoree’s email address or mailing address to inform them of your gift and to introduce ORDA.
- ORDA maintains a written policy to discontinue contacting any person upon that person's oral or written request directed to ORDA, its fundraiser or other agents.
- We contact donors, volunteers, and prospects through email communications and solicitations. We will occasionally send direct mail communications and solicitations, but if you wish not to receive mailings or emails, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that ORDA is dedicated to preserving the environment. Whenever possible, mailings are produced using low-chemical ink and recycled materials.)
- ORDA utilizes standard website reports to analyze traffic and content. Our web server automatically recognizes, but does not collect or use your IP address. We anonymously track visit information to know how often our site is visited, which pages are viewed most often, and how many unique visitors we receive.
Do we share your information?
- We do not share your personal information with any third party. It is our policy not to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. If we choose to change our policy, you will be given the option to remove your name from our database.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information. The information given includes: total number of donors, total amount of donations for specific periods of time, and referring websites. Aggregate information of this kind is used to encourage fundraising partnerships.
- We use a third-party financial institution to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
How do we provide a secure environment for on-line transactions?
- ORDA is grateful for the donations that help us continue our work. Our on-line order processing system allows you to make safe donations and purchases. We use the latest encryption technology, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to insure that no one can read your information as it travels to our ordering system. You will see a lock symbol in the lower part of your browser screen when you are using a secure donation page. The domain name in the website address bar will also begin with https:// on a secure donation page.
- Our on-line credit card verification system is handled by a third party (IATS through Ticketmaster), which collects your name, address, phone, credit card number and expiration date in order to process your transaction. Their encryption technology offers the highest level of security available on the Internet today. They have state-of-the-art firewalls and other security technology in place to insure the confidentiality of your transactions.
- Your credit card information is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored, unless you select to give a monthly or annual gift. We will not charge your credit card for anything that you have not expressly donated.
- If you would like to cancel a gift or set up a different gift schedule, please contact us at email@example.com .
How do you contact us regarding your information?
- You can send anonymous donations simply by sending a money order to us at the address on our website. If you do not give your name and address we will be unable to send you a tax-deductible receipt.
- If you prefer not to receive any mail or e-mail correspondence from us, please send your full name, address, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.