We exist to empower people in rural Amhara, Ethiopia to overcome poverty and live productive, fulfilling lives.
We see a world—not far in the future—where all the people in Amhara have worked to free themselves from poverty and hunger, and are contributing to a healthy economy.
Long Term Goals (in partnership with the communities we serve)
- Make safe, uncontaminated water available to all people in Amhara.
- Install irrigation systems to ensure household food security and income generation.
- Reforest degraded land to combat desertification and global warming, decrease soil erosion, provide fuel, animal feed, timber wood and other forest by-products for household use and income generation.
- Ensure that women have an equal voice in decisions related to these programs and that they benefit equally to their male counterparts.
- Provide HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support to the communities in which ORDA serves.